Features & Business
Having fruits salad is a fine relief for body and soul in the hot summer days. They are quick and easy to prepare plus they have all the health benefits! Light for the stomach, easy to digest as well as nutritious.
In summer time, one should make the best use of seasonal fruits that nature offers like mangoes, chickoos, berries, watermelon etc. As a topping on the fruits, some roasted cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts for texture and crunch can be added. Dry fruits when roasted become a good snack.
Here are a few pointers that for making a good fruit salad:
1. Seasonal fruits should be used.
2. Only fresh and ripe fruits should be used.
3. Avoid mixing citrus fruits with the sweet ones.
4. Don’t mix citrus fruits with milk based items.
5. Consume fresh fruits as fruits are perishable and don’t have long shelf life once chopped.
6. Add lime juice for taste.
7. Roasted dry fruits can be added as dressing or topping for additional flavor and crunch.
In a large bowl, combine chopped berries and fruits of your choice. Stir gently. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Drizzle the desired amount of dressing over the fruits and gently toss to coat. Garnish with fresh mint. Serve immediately.